In This Guide you will find information about my process as well as answers to the tops wedding questions that we get. So put on your favorite playlist and lets go over all the good stuff!
Hey there! I am really passionate about connecting with my couples on a personal level, so if you haven't already, head over to my About page and get to know a little bit about the lady behind the lens, and her amazing team!
I try not to get caught up on perfect poses. What’s most important to me is documenting the raw emotions and organic connections between yourself and your loved ones. I want to show that depth and intimacy. I also try really hard to let your personalities and relationship guide the way I photograph you. All couples are different and I want your photos to FEEL LIKE YOU!
I often shoot backlit for that warm, golden glow, but also love to experiment with different lighting scenarios and creative techniques to make your photos unique and dramatic. I edit every single photo I will deliver to you. Most photos will be in color, and some will be in black & white. I love rich, earthy, warm colors and beautiful skin tones are extremely important to me. While I have a rather consistent editing style, I do let the mood of the session and the individual photo inspire my editing, in order to bring out the emotion in each photo.
Q: Can you help us choose a location and plan the timeline for our wedding day?
A: Absolutely! I LOVE being a part of all of that. All of my wedding/elopement collections, as well as sessions, include location and timeline planning assistance!
However, I do reserve this service for my paying clients - meaning, if you don’t already have a location in mind, then the majority of our location and timeline planning will take place after the booking process is complete!
The reason for this is that planning details such as finding the perfect location and setting up a timeline do require a lot of valuable time and unique ideas that I cannot afford to give away before we have officially committed to working together! But you can trust me on this - once we get your date reserved, I’m by your side every step of the way! So let’s do this!
p.s. - the Wedding + Elopement Welcome Guide I will send you after you book with me includes a sample timeline and tons of other wedding day tips. I'm here to help you with as much as I can! But if you've got it all figured out, I can totally just go with the flow, too.
Q: How far in advance do we need to book?
A: As soon as you can! In order to ensure availability, we should get your date booked as soon as possible!
Q: Do you charge a cancellation fee?
A: Nope! There is no cancellation fee for weddings/sessions. However, the retainer is non-refundable once paid.
Q: Do you use backups?
A: Yes! I always have at least two camera bodies and three or four lenses with me for weddings. Your photos are backed up immediately after the wedding/session.
Q: How do we receive our photos?
A: All of your high resolution digital images will be delivered through a password protected, online client gallery, which you will be able to share and download!
Q: Where are you based? Do you travel?
A: I live in Dublin, VA and I LOVE TO TRAVEL!
Q. Do you edit all the photos you give us?
A: Yes! Every single photo. I pour my heart and soul into every image! Editing is a huge part of a photographer's work; I do not deliver RAW or unedited images at any time.
Q: Do you bring along a second shooter?
A: Some of my wedding collections include a second shooter, and some do not. If you would like a second shooter for a collection that does not include one, just let me know and we can definitely add that on!
Q: What if we need you to stay longer than expected?
A: I keep your whole wedding day open so if you need me to stay longer than we originally scheduled, just let me know! I will invoice you for the additional coverage after the wedding.
Q: What if we change our wedding date?
A: If your new date is open on my calendar, I'd of course be happy to switch it for you with no extra charge. However, if I am already booked for that day, we can discuss having an associate photographer shoot your wedding, so that I can still curate and edit your wedding photos, or if you prefer, I will put together a list of referrals for you to find another photographer that will be a great match!
Q:Can we print our photos? Do you offer albums and other products?
A:Yes and yes! Every gallery includes a print release!
I offer professional quality prints, canvases, and wooden boxes from a professional lab. I also design custom albums specially curated to tell the story of your wedding day!
“Photography for me is not looking. It’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.”
- Don McCullin
Here's how it works having me as your photographer!
1. I recommend you start by reading over this guide and getting a feel for what I’m all about and check out the Investment Section , which outlines my wedding packages and pricing. If you think we will be a great fit, Then fill out one of our contact forum, if you haven't already! This will allow me to get to know more about you two and your wedding photography needs!
2. I will read over your questionnaire, scream from excitement because of how cool you two are, and then send you another email explaining the booking process!
3. Once a date has been decided, you book me as your wedding or elopement photographer! WOOHOO!!!!
4. Your wedding or elopement collection includes location planning assistance, if you have not already decided on a location for you wedding or elopement, so we can start planning that as soon as the booking process is complete! Your collection booked with me also includes timeline planing - often done via a timeline meeting (usually scheduled for 6-8 weeks before the wedding) where we can brainstorm and create a rough draft of your custom wedding day timeline. Don't have time to meet up? We can always do it over the phone or via video chat!
5. If we are doing an engagement session for you two, we will get that scheduled and make it happen! You will receive your edited images a few weeks after the session so you can use them for announcements, invitations, etc.
6. About a month before your wedding, I will send out your Final Details Questionnaire, which will collect the remaining final details from you that I will need to make sure the photography side of your wedding day runs perfectly!
7. We show up to your wedding day with our game faces on, ready to kick some wedding ass.
8. I process and edit your wedding photos and or videos, curate them into a beautiful, online digital gallery, which you can download straight to your computer, save to your phone, and share with friends and family. Your gallery also has a store, from which you can order prints and other fun products that are personalized with your wedding photos! I suggest using Your print credit towards an Heirloom Album seriously you wont regret it, especially when your looking at it with your own kiddos and gradkiddos one day!
9. If your wedding package includes a Custom Heirloom Album, or if you have selected to add one on, this is when we start designing your album (and/or other products)! You will be able to select your favorite photos from the wedding that you want included in your album, and add them to the favorites Selections feature in your gallery. From there, I will carefully curate and design a gorgeous, custom heirloom album that brings your love story to life!
10. We stay friends forever, and you and your boo live happily ever after! Woohoo!